Testovací fórum : FireShow.cz
sem můžete psát bláboly a testovat toto fórum...
www.thepackersfanshop.com
Autor: liny195 (91.207.175.---)
Datum: 18 June, 2019 09:54

GREEN BAY https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/Nick-Perry-Jersey , Wis. (AP) — Whether it was running through safety Darryl Roberts to start the game or breaking Pro Bowl safety Jamal Adams‘ tackle attempt to score a touchdown, Green Bay Packers running back Jamaal Williams had the best game of his career in Sunday's victory at the Jets.Williams carried 15 times for 95 yards and one touchdown, added six receptions for 61 yards. In total, Williams accumulated a career-best 156 yards from scrimmage to help Green Bay earn its first road win of the season, 44-38 in overtime."I'm just grateful. Grateful," he said after the game. "I just feel like my hard work and everything is paying off. Just coming out in the game showing the results of all my hard work and everything I've been going through. I want to come out here to show my team that I'm ready and working hard every time: the week practices, everything, walk-throughs, doing whatever I can to make sure I'm ready for them in this game." If that hard work continues to pay off, the Packers might have a good problem next year at running back. Williams, a fourth-round pick last year, opened the season as the team's No. 1 back, only to be supplanted at midseason by Aaron Jones, a fifth-round pick in 2017. Jones led the NFL in yards per carry before suffering a knee injury in the first quarter last week at Chicago that ended his season. With no other proven options on the roster, Williams played 86 of 91 offensive snaps against the Jets. He responded with the most explosive game of his career.In the first 14 games of this season, Williams didn't have a single run of 12-plus yards. Jones, meanwhile Davante Adams Jersey , had 15 carries of 12-plus yards despite serving a two-game suspension to start the season. In the last two games, however, Williams has four such carries, including runs of 13, 15 and 19 yards against the Jets."I like both of those players," interim coach Joe Philbin said on Monday. "I like the way they practice, I like the way they prepare. I think they're good teammates. I think they're good in the locker room and they have a good skill set. They can run (and) they can catch the ball."While Jones is one of the more explosive runners in the league, Williams brings the well-rounded skills. The Jets blitzed relentlessly on Sunday but, other than giving up one sack, Williams was sturdy in providing time to help Aaron Rodgers throw for 442 yards."There's a couple where there's a bunch of green grass," Philbin said. "They ran some twists and brought guys the other way, they're coming up the A-gap, and he's got a lot of space to defend just by the nature of the protection. I thought overall he did a good job there. I like the fact he's got versatility. You don't have to take him out of the game if you want to do something specific. He had a nice game."The Packers will close the season at home against Detroit on Sunday. With undrafted rookie Lavon Coleman, promoted from the practice squad on Saturday, and Kapri Bibbs, added off waivers last week, being the other options on the roster Josh Jones Color Rush Jersey , expect Williams to be heavily involved in the game plan again."Same mindset I have all the time, no matter if I'm starting or not starting," he said. "I'm just going in there doing my job, working hard … trying to punish defenders and see what they about and just give my team juice, just let them know I'm here to help. Block, run, do whatever I can for us to get a ‘W.'"NOTES: The players will be off for Christmas while the coaches were to be off Christmas Eve night and Christmas morning before convening around noon Tuesday to work on the game plan for Detroit. . Why are the Packers playing to win these games at the risk of injuries to key players or worsening their draft positioning? "These are football players. That's what they're paid to do," Philbin said. "They're paid to represent this great organization and play as well as they possibly can every time they get an opportunity. We understand injuries can happen at any point in time. That's football. It can happen at any point. I think when you start distinguishing all those different things, I think you lose sight of the real fabric and the heart and soul of what a football team is." . After a rocky season, Rodgers accounted for 474 total yards and four touchdowns vs. the Jets. "It was a special performance by him, without a doubt," Philbin said. "Certainly, he helped us score 44 points. There's no doubt about it, without him we probably wouldn't have scored 44 points." GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — It can be difficult enough for NFL players to have just three days to prepare for a Thursday night game.The Green Bay Packers have another unique wrinkle in their schedule: they must fly west this year for their Thursday night matchup against the Seattle Seahawks.It didn’t leave much time for the Packers to wind down on Monday, a day after the 31-12 win over the Miami Dolphins.“You’ve got to take care of your body, make sure you’re doing the right things these next couple days to get ready https://www.thepackersfanshop.com/David-Bakhtiari-Jersey ,” defensive lineman Kenny Clark said. “Mentally, you just put your head in the film, get a chance to look at them early.”The abbreviated practice plans have the Packers (4-4-1) flying to Seattle on Tuesday night following what would be the most extensive practice of the week. Coaches did some preliminary preparation last week for the Seahawks, though the primary focus was on beating the Dolphins.That goal was accomplished, even as more injuries took a toll on the defense.Safety Kentrell Brice (left ankle), linebacker Nick Perry (knee) and Bashaud Breeland (groin) left the Dolphins game. They’re all starters, and another starter, cornerback Kevin King, missed the game with a hamstring injury.The defense bent but did not break, holding Miami to four field goals in spite of being put in some tricky situations. Two turnovers on special teams gave the Dolphins the ball at midfield or better. A failed fourth-and-2 for the offense had Miami starting at the Packers 45.The Dolphins managed just field goals each time, while the Packers kept scoring touchdowns.“We really played everybody that was up in our secondary, and everybody was ready when their number was called, and they really made plays for us,” Breeland said after the game. He picked off Brock Osweiler deep in Miami territory and returned the ball to the 12 to set up a touchdown late in the third quarter.Breeland’s injury appeared to be relatively minor, and he hoped to be ready for Thursday.A positive for the Packers’ defense is that backups played fairly well to fill voids, including reserve safety Raven Greene. He had a sack and also took a direct snap on a fake punt for a 26-yard run.It’s a confidence-building win especially for a secondary that has had instability over the past few weeks, starting with the trade of starting safety Ha Ha Clinton-Dix to Washington. Another safety Jason Spriggs Jersey , Jermaine Whitehead, was released last week. Veteran cornerback Tramon Williams has started at safety alongside Brice the past couple of games.“It took everybody today, man. It was a good, team win,” Williams said Sunday. Green Bay eventually took advantage of backup Brock Osweiler, who was starting for a fifth straight game in place of the injured Ryan Tannehill. They got to Osweiler for six sacks. The Dolphins were just as banged up at receiver, too, losing Davante Parker and Jakeem Grant during the game.But Miami gets a bye this week to rest up. The Packers figure to take it easier in practice on Tuesday, which would probably have been the case regardless of all the injuries in their secondary.That puts a premium, then on the mental part of the game and preparation.“Full speed ahead. Some guys might try to click through the film last night,” McCarthy said. “A number of coaches just went right upstairs after the game … but as far as the team, we don’t have any time to spend on, we have to get right into Seattle.”

Bohužel, do tohoto fóra mohou přispívat pouze přihlášení návštěvníci.
Online uživatelů (Administrátor)
Hostů: 22